Software Companions Support Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
drgroen

Reply with quote  #1 

Good morning,

1.  Is there any way to efficiently change the path (Windows folder) for the Gerber & Drill files (or a set of Gerber & Drill files) in a project without having to manually re-load every file?

When a bunch of files are not found (like when they have been moved in Windows) it would be good to be able to select a new Windows folder and let the program look there for the files.

2.  Is there a way to specify that the files are on a relative path (relative to the GBW file)?
For example, if we had the file structure:
   c:\PCBNAME\Version1
   c:\PCBNAME\Version2
   c:\PCBNAME\Version3

If I built a project in Version1 folder using relative path references, then if I copied that GBW file to Version2, it would load the files from that folder instead.

3.  Is there a way to do a search & replace on a file name or a portion of a file name?  Typically we will have file names of the form:  AC-xxxxx-YYY_zzz.gbr  where:
    AC is a prefix
    xxxxx is a PCB part number
    YYY is the version
    zzz is the file type (L1, L2, SMT, SMB, etc.)

It would be ideal to be able to change all or part of the file name on all the files to specify either a different PCB or different Version.

I've used a hex editor with an earlier version of Gerbview in the past to do some of those changes, but that's pretty cumbersome.

4.  How about making the GBW files editable in a text editor?  That would solve a lot of problems.
(You could even accept a ".\Filename.GBR" format to specify a relative path.

Thanks.

Dave

softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!
We will try to implement as much of this as possible in the next update.

We're going to change the format used by GBW files into editable XML, instead of the binary format used today. We will still read old binary files for compatibility, but new files will be saved using XML based format.

Support.

drgroen

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks!

The editable HTML will be a big help.

Just renewed the maintenance on our 4 licenses.

We'll look forward to getting the next update.

Dave
drgroen

Reply with quote  #4 
Did this feature make it into 7.63?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcomp
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!
We will try to implement as much of this as possible in the next update.

We're going to change the format used by GBW files into editable XML, instead of the binary format used today. We will still read old binary files for compatibility, but new files will be saved using XML based format.

Support.

softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,

I'm very sorry, we will have to add this request to the next update (later this month).

Best regards,
Support
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.