Software Companions Support Forum

Author   Comment  
JerzyCP

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

On some of my PLT files... there is a problem with measure function if snap to center is choosed.

My presumption is... that it is related to software from which PLT files were generated.
So far in PLT files generated by AutoCAD measure function is working properly, on the other side in most (but not all) of PLT files generated by AllPlan (Nemetschek) measure function is not working correctly (if snap to center is choosed).

EDIT:
Maybe it is not a case... but I supposed that it is related to fact, that I am using in AutoCAD old HP plotter drivers to generate PLT files (HP DesignJet 750C+) and in these PLT files there are no circles or arcs.
On the other hand in PLT files received from architects and generated by Allplan (Nemetschek) there are circles and arcs and if snap to circle is choosed and ViewCompanion in measuring incorrectly is looking for circle centers even if other snaps are closer to cursor position.
PLT files with measuring problem are generated by use of drivers for newest plotters and probably problem occur only in PLT files containing circles and arcs (generated by newest plotters).
Anyway it is a software bug...

JerzyCP
softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

Thank you for your report.
Would it be possible to send us a file with this problem?

Best regards,
Support
JerzyCP

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi,

Attached is zipped PLT file with "snap to center problem".
Actually... I found that problem exist also during markup.

Problem:
If snap to center is choosed (together with other snaps) then during measuring or "markuping" ViewCompanion is trying to find nearest circle center instead of nearest of choosen types of snaps.

Regards,
Jerzy

Attached Files
zip Snap_to_center_problem.zip (282.93 KB, 3 views)

softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi,

Thank you for the file!
We've verified, identified and fixed the problem.
The plot file contains circle (CI) elements which is in some cases could cause ViewCompanion to snap to center of these circles, even if the mouse position was far, far away.

A fix will be available tomorrow.

Best regards,
Support

softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
We've uploaded a new update that solves this problem:

32-bit Premium:
http://www.softwarecompanions.com/patch/vcpremium900b720x86.exe

64-bit Premium:
http://www.softwarecompanions.com/patch/vcpremium900b720x64.exe

The other editons will be updated early next week.

-Support
softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
This problem was solved in version 9.01.

Regards,
Support
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.