Software Companions Support Forum

Author   Comment  
phil-l

Reply with quote  #1 

NOTE: Topic title is now out-of-date; I've re-run my tests in 9.01; the text below reflects my 9.01 testing.

Hi!

I'm new to ViewCompanion, which we purchased to convert Calcomp files to PDF. My organization has a fair number (about 5000) Calcomp files in our PLM system. Back in the day, Calcomp was a convenient format to document design drawings, etc.

I've had good results so far using ViewCompanion 9.01 - for about 2/3's of these files.

The remaining files that I've converted fail in one of 3 ways:

- ViewCompanion claims "Format Not Recognized"
  - ViewCompanion creates a view - but it appears to be a series of partially-determined vectors randomly distributed across the page
  - ViewCompanion creates a view - but it's completely blank

I've included screen shots below, for reference.

The interesting part: I've tested files for each of the above cases; they each plot on an Oce ColorWave plotter without problem; the resulting paper drawing is what I expect.

Question: Are there settings within ViewCompanion that can help read these Calcomp files - or other tricks I may not be aware of?

Yes, I'd like to supply sample files that exhibit these behaviors for testing - but I'd have to work through my company's legal department.

Any insights or suggestions appreciated!

Phil

view_companion_calcomp_format_no_recognized_error.jpg 

view_companion_calcomp_strange_vector_graphics.jpg 

view_companion_calcomp_view_is_blank.jpg 

softcomp

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.
Would it be possible to send us some files that doesn't work?
That would help us a lot to identify the problem.

Best regards,
Support
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.